Monday 13 February 2012

Fresh start.

So my new year resolution of keeping up with this blogging lark has so far failed, as has the house work plan....
although I do have a genuine excuse having bad news at my twenty week scan.  For those of you that do not know, they picked up a couple of things with the baby's brain and things were not looking good for three weeks...back and forth to Cardiff Heath like a yo-yo, last appointment was last Friday.  Went there expecting the worse, expecting to be going back in today in fact, to end the pregnancy.  A horrible thought.  One that I couldn't get out of my head or escape for for the past three weeks after seeing the most horrible consultant in the worlds History who pretty much told me, either carry on as if nothing is happening or abort the pregnancy, whereas carrying on without them doing more tests was not an option.  However, I saw the consultant I originally was supposed to see last Friday who freaked out that I had been given that option in the first place, and who told me that everything is absolutely fine, and that the baby is going to be completely normal.  Admittedly the things they pointed out are still there, but they aren't going to make a difference to the baby.
So looks like we are going to meet our baby girl after all! (Once again, my gut feeling was wrong and we are not having a boy...haha...).



So, anyway, a fresh start.

The house has been cleaned top to bottom in celebratory style after receiving the good news on Friday, my laundry is pretty much up-to-date and have been in PlayZone all afternoon with the kids, dont know who is more worn out us or them!
So all in all a good weekend and start to my new fresh start plan.

Also, very excited we have been to see a house twice and decided to put an offer in this afternoon after trying all morning to get hold of the financial advisor - who was off with the Flu so failed miserably. So decided to do it tomorrow after talking to her, only to receive a phone call from the estate agent at dinner time to say someone else has put an offer in! So madly put an offer in, first rejected, second possibly accepted waiting to hear back from them so looks like it will be in the morning now.  Will somehow have to wait until then! And hopefully get in touch with the financial adviser ASAP.  



On the Uni work front, not really doing that good. Three weeks of not really doing anything constructive has taken its toll on my uni work load, but fortunately my tutor has been informed of what is going on and they are perfectly happy for me to submit my next essay late.  Which is very nice and understanding of them, cant imagine my last tutor would have been quite as understanding! 


Anyway, enough waffling for now.  Just updating everyone with my life at the moment. 
And am actually going to make a point of blogging more regularly. Am quite enjoying it when I do it! 


Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment